Saturday, December 20, 2008

Advent ABCs: T

T is for Tennessee.
Do note my UT orange diaper and my guitar PJs.


" With a little ol' driver so lively 'n' quick, He could'a won the Bristol 500 in a lick! Eight musical reindeer were playing along, And he sang out, so I could hear loud and strong: 'Get up Waylon, Willie, Merle, and Jonny C., go Elvis, Loretta, George J., and Tammy! From Nashville to Memphis and the banks of the Mississippi - Now fly up to Knoxville and the peaks of the Smokies!'"



"You know how in the winter the weather men go wild, saying snow is gonna come and cover us for miles? That's how crazy I felt watchin' that tour bus sail by - got me so worked up I needed an RC and a Moon Pie!"





"Bless his heart. He looked wild as Davy Crockett to me, with his hair and his beard tangled up in that tree. Mom's always saying I should help folks who are older, so I helped him get down onto our John Deere mower. Santa headed inside, stepping over our dog, Buster, and filled all our stockings with Goo Goo Clusters."
from The Tennessee Night Before Christmas by E. J. Sullivan


T is for Two front Teeth.

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth,
My two front teeth, see my two front teeth.
Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth,
Then I could wish you 'Merry Christmas.'"

"It seems so long since I could say,
'Sister Susie sitting on a thistle.'
Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be
If I could only whistle." by Don Gardner

No comments: