Friday, April 15, 2011

tomato trouble

On the drive from Houston to Austin:
Owen: "Mom, I am not Buster. I am Owen. Call me 'Owen.'"
Mom: "'Buster' is a nickname that momma and daddy call you."
Owen: "My only nickname is 'O.' My name is Owen. Call me 'Owen.'"
Mom: "I will try to only call you 'O' or 'Owen.'"
Owen: "And tell Jessica, at church, not to call me 'Bob.'"
Mom: "I think if you tell her that your name is Owen and ask her not to call you 'Bob,' she will call you 'Owen.'"
Owen: "My name is not Bob. I do not want to be called 'Bob' because that is scary."
Mom: "How come the name Bob is scary?"
Owen: "Because Bob is a tomato and we eat tomatoes."



(Bob is a tomato on "Veggie Tales." I have several "Veggie Tales" books and I have heard many of their songs. I am extremely fond of "Silly Songs with Larry" (who is a cucumber).

No comments: