Did you know that Austin has a zoo? Well, indeed, it does!
It is not a typical zoo. It is a zoo and an animal rescue and sanctuary. (http://www.austinzoo.org/)
So in addition to rare animals like lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my), there are also goats, and chickens, and peacocks (oh oh).

The first animal we met was an umbrella bird.
I have read about these birds as U is often for umbrella bird in alphabet books.
Do you like my peacock strut?

The peacocks were everywhere.
There was so very much to see. We loved looking through the fences to see the animals.
The most exciting thing happened: a tiger jumped into the water right in front of us and splashed us with water. It was amazing! We were so close to the tigers. There were 4 of them.
This is how close we were to the tigers. The picture above this one is the view that daddy and I were enjoying . . .
From tigers to goats . . . we got to feed the goats. I really enjoyed having them eat from my hand.
This goat was so funny.
"Don't you want some more food?"
Some animals were harder to see. I needed momma to help me see this animal.
Looking closely . . .
Oh, hello, it is a turtle . . .
Some animals are hard to see and some animals are very easy to see . . .

Some animals are very easy to see like this LION!
There were several lions walking around and making low grumbling noises.
I kept asking: "Are the lions afraid of us?"

What do you think? Were the lions afraid of us?
They did not want us to feed the pig. Not a huge sacrifice as the pig only laid around and slept.
There will be a second post tomorrow so you can see the rest of the animals from Austin Zoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment