Friday, May 21, 2010

Metamorphosis

I learned a great word: metamorphosis. I am not willing to disclose the source of this new vocabulary word. I decided, however, that it was time I shared it with the world. I began the process of broadcasting my new knowledge by standing on the fireplace hearth and saying, "Metamorphosis."

This pronouncement was greeted by my mother with, "Wow, what a great word. Owen, do you know what metamorphosis means?"

What a foolish question. Of course I know what it means, so I replied, "It is when a caterpillar becomes a butterfly."

Although we could not recreate the original experience, you can get a sense of things in this video. You can also see me making numbers with my hands. I am making the shape of the number (for example, a circle made with one hand on top of a circle made with the other hand is an eight).


Say What?

Owen: "Cookie! Cookie! May I please have a cookie! Me love big cookie!"
Daddy: "Owen, you are a cookie monster!"
Owen: "Momma, are you an Owen monster?"
Momma: "Yes. Me love big Owen."

No comments: