Thursday, January 7, 2010

BCS National Championship Game

A house divided . . .

A son set against his father . . .

My loyalty to both Texas and Bama is not normally challenged - after all, the Longhorns play in the Big 12 and the Crimson Tide plays in the SEC - but on this day . . .

I have used my "silly bands" to represent the situation - my two favorite teams are playing each other. My daddy is a student at Texas, and my mimi and pops are in all their Bama gear at the game today in California.

Being rational people, momma, daddy, and I had a conversation this morning about what to wear. We decided that as we live in TEXAS, I should wear my Longhorns shirt to school.

I put it on and then as soon as we got upstairs . . .
I requested "Alabama milk."


What can I say?

"Roll Tide!" "Hook 'em Horns!"

3 comments:

Mama Xanderneff said...

Hook 'em!

\m/

Callie said...

Im' with you Owen,..I don't know who to root for either. :) Roll Tide and Hook 'em!

Pops said...

Mimi and Pops say,
"ROLL TIDE ROLL!! "(RTR)