Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Calendar

Mimi and Pops sent us an advent calendar art project. Momma and I worked on it all weekend. We painted all the ornaments and the tree, and wrote numbers on all the calendar boxes. I did the tree all by myself. I also wrote the numbers all by myself. Momma helped me with everything else. The following pictures are a mix from Mom's phone and from the camera.





Almost finished!


The star . . .

Momma admired the way I was sitting.

This is serious work.

I am a very careful painter.

The ornaments were very "tiny." I had a lot of fun painting them.

I did get paint on my fingers . . . and the table. But don't worry - both came very clean!


I had just had a bath when these pictures were taken. We decided to write the numbers before we left for a birthday party. I had a great time writing all the numbers!

Have you ever used a paint pen? They're amazing - paint in a pen! Perfect!

Like it?
Momma painted the snowman.

In this picture you can see two of the ornaments that momma and I painted (a candy cane and a red circle with a candy cane. The other ornaments match to each year of my life . . . 1 - a silly band of a long horn (I discovered silly bands when I was 1 and daddy began law school at UT when I was 1); 2 - a blue train (I was 2 when my love of trains began); 3 - a pteranodon (Momma asked what we should hang on the tree for 3 and I answered, "A pteranodon would be perfect because I learned about them when I was 3").

Opening a new box . . . in addition to the ornament, there was a treat!

And the next day . . . SURPRISE!
(Do notice the table is perfectly clean.)

Another ornament and another treat! I love our advent calendar!

Oh and see the other side? I did the stickers on this side.



No comments: